Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 3 in Haiti

Hey everyone-
We’re just finishing day 3, and it has been pretty unbelievable seeing the Lord encounter so many of our students and leaders through the simple interactions with the orphans here.  It truly is hard to explain the impact that these kids have had on us, but the love of Christ is a tangible reality in these interactions, and I believe this trip will be transformative for a great deal of our students.  Thanks for the prayer support, it has been felt!  Church is tomorrow, and we’re excited to worship…Haiti style! 
Blessings,
Cory

PS: The weather has been amazing!  Seriously, according to the missionaries here on the ground, this has been one of the mildest weeks they have ever experienced in Haiti.  That’s awesome J


Student Testimonies

Ello Everyone!!!
I hope you all are feeling as good as me! WOW where to start….Well, I’m only half way through the trip, but I’ve received enough emotions for a life time. Let me expand. When I first got here I felt un-easy and cautious but as time went on I let go of my worries to god, and put all of my energy and attention toward what really matters THE CHILDREN. This trip is and will change my life. Interacting with these kids is the purest joy I’ve felt for a very long time, and honestly I don’t really want to leave. I love these kids as if they were my family, and them being orphans, They need that kind of love, but they aren’t the only ones benefitting of this experience. I have learned that love is a universal language that doesn’t have to involve talking. I truly love these kids even though I’ve known them less then 3 days. Believe me, though there is destruction and evil in Haiti. Love and God are present.

With love from Haiti,

Dillon Weezy Cherry

IM OUT


  There were plenty of people, including me, who before the trip started, were wondering why we were going to Haiti to just hang out with orphans. Thinking we should be cleaning up rubble or building a shelter or a church. I know now that at first I didn’t really get it. I knew that we were doing this to show the love of Christ, but it didn’t really hit me until I got here and just started loving on the kids. Now I see just how much these orphans are just starving for affection and attention and, most of all, the love of Christ.
  For example, there is this kid named Ceasle* and from the second I met him he has just clung  to me. Whenever I have to leave he becomes very upset and wants to come with me. He is a continual reminder of just how much these kids are longing for love and attention.
  Now that I’m witnessing this first hand, I see that this is actually bringing more glory to God than cleaning up rubble, building a shelter or even building a church. But when you think about it, we are building the church, God’s people. Here in Haiti, God is showing me how powerful loving these orphans who are so in need, really can be.
   
With love from Haiti 
 Sam Washburn




1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! We love the updates and we are praying for you all - can't wait to hear more about what God is doing! With love, Sean, Sara, Joshua, Anna and Matthew Ozbun

    ReplyDelete